View this post on Instagram
Sony Pictures Consumer Products Celebrates Ghostbusters™ Brand with Slate of Licensed Products Just in time for Halloween, Ghostbusters integrations in Fortnite and Rocket League highlight interactive appeal of brand CULVER CITY, CA – October 29, 2020 – Sony Pictures Consumer Products invites fans to gear up and bust ghosts this Halloween with a slate of new licensed products celebrating the classic Ghostbusters brand. Spanning categories including interactive, apparel, costumes, crafts, gaming toys, collectibles and more, the Ghostbusters consumer products program features items for fans of all ages. “The Ghostbusters brand has proven its ability to transcend age and gender to become a true powerhouse franchise that reaches every demographic,” said Jamie Stevens, EVP, Worldwide Consumer Products, Sony Pictures Entertainment. “As we continue to lay the foundation for the release of Ghostbusters: Afterlife next year, we’re excited to collaborate with a wide array of partners to reinvigorate and celebrate the classic Ghostbusters characters we all know and love.” Demonstrating the popularity of the Ghostbusters brand, two top gaming companies have launched Ghostbusters integrations into their platforms. Epic Games is offering Ghostbusters themed outfts, gear, and other accessories for a limited time in their blockbuster game Fortnite during their annual Fortnitemares event. Psyonix tapped into the Ghostbusters brand to headline the Rocket League Haunted Hallows Event on all platforms. The in-game event features Event Challenges that unlock Ghostbusters-themed items including vehicles, cosmetic items, game modes and more. For the first time ever, fans have a one-stop-shop for their ghost-busting needs with the launch of the GHOSTBUSTERS: THE OFFICIAL ONLINE STORE, featuring a wide array of licensed products including apparel, accessories, toys, collectibles, home décor and a full assortment of costumes. Visit https://shop.ghostbusters.com/, managed by The Araca Group, to see the ever-growing selection. The following licensees for Ghostbusters have products available now for purchase or pre-orders: Gemmy has created a variety of airblown inflatable
The following licensees for Ghostbusters have products available now for purchase or pre-orders:
- Gemmy has created a variety of airblown inflatable décor and a Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Halloween Greeter available at various retailers.
- Hasbroexpanded on their successful fan-focused Plasma Series line with the October release of Spengler’s Neutrona Wand, now available at fan accounts nationwide. The company’s throwback Kenner Classics line continues to delight fans with 1980s stylings available exclusively at Walmart.
- JAAKS Pacific, Inc., is the newest Halloween costume licensor. Their costume division Disguise, is busy putting finishing touches on their extensive line for Halloween 2021.
- Party City is offering Halloween costumes for the whole family.
- R.H. Smith and Sons / Smiffys (UK) have launched a line of costumes for kids and adults available on Smiffys.com and Amazon.
- Reebok unveiled a full-family, full-body Ghostbusters footwear and apparel capsule for Halloween 2020.
- Ripple Junction and Urban Outfitters launched a capsule collection in collaboration with streetwear designer and artist Joshua Vides. Available in stores and online now.
- Sangacio announced a limited drop of Ghostbusters sneakers on October 1st available in Japan.
- Spirit Halloween is offering Halloween costumes and décor for everyone. For true fans, they have also created a life-sized replica of the Terror Dog.