November 11, 2014: Dark Horse Comics will publish the milestone 200th issue of its Eisner and Harvey Award-winning comic book anthology DARK HORSE PRESENTS in February 2015, featuring the story MASKS by Gillian Flynn, the bestselling novelist of GONE GIRL, with art by Dave Gibbons, the bestselling artist of WATCHMEN recently named the first ever comics laureate. The 200th issue of the celebrated anthology will feature a HELLBOY cover by Gabriel Bá, an APE-X variant cover by THE GOON creator Eric Powell, and stories by some of the biggest names in comics, including legendary HELLBOY creator Mike Mignola, GROO Creators Mark Evanier and Sergio Aragones, Alex de Campi, Matt Kindt and Jerry Ordway.
DARK HORSE PRESENTS 200 will be go on sale on February 18th, 2015.
“DARK HORSE PRESENTS #1 was the very first comic book our company published back in 1986 and from day one that comic set the tone for our ambitious and diverse publishing philosophy,” said Dark Horse Comics President & Publisher Mike Richardson. “When we started making plans for the landmark 200th anniversary issue of DARK HORSE PRESENTS, it was imperative we pull out all the stops to celebrate the legacy of the preeminent contemporary comic book anthology title.”
The 80-page 200th issue of the multiple Eisner and Harvey Award series will feature:
- Mike Mignola and Gabriel Bá revisiting Hellboy’s time in Mexico with a follow-up to their classic story THE COFFIN MAN.
- Fred Van Lente and Miguel Sepulveda delivering a Project Black Sky story about the telepathic cyborg gorilla Ape-X
- Brendan McCarthy’s DREAM GANG
- Damon Gentry and Aaron Conley’s SABERTOOTH SWORDSMAN
- The first chapter of a new GROO tale by Sergio Aragones and Mark Evanier
- A mermaid story by Gustavo Duarte (MONSTERS)
- Alex de Campi and Jerry Ordway’s SEMIAUTOMAGIC
- Ed Brisson’s MURDER BOOK featuring art from Michael Walsh
- The first ever U.S. publication of the short story MASKS, which was originally published in the UK’s GUARDIAN newspaper to commemorate the British Library’s exhibition of British comics. The story is the comic book debut for Gillian Flynn, the NEW YORK TIMES bestselling writer of GONE GIRL, which is now a major motion picture directed by David Fincher (FIGHT CLUB). She collaborates with artist Dave Gibbons, (WATCHMEN) for a story about mothers… and vigilantes.
‘DARK HORSE PRESENTS’ CELEBRATES 200TH ISSUE!
About Dark Horse
Founded in 1986 by Mike Richardson, Dark Horse Comics has proven to be a solid example of how integrity and innovation can help broaden a unique storytelling medium and establish a small, homegrown company as an industry giant. The company is known for the progressive and creator-friendly atmosphere it provides for writers and artists. In addition to publishing comics from top talent, such as Frank Miller, Mike Mignola, Neil Gaiman, Brian Wood, Gerard Way, Felicia Day, and Guillermo del Toro, and comics legends, such as Will Eisner, Neal Adams, and Jim Steranko, Dark Horse has developed its own successful properties, such as The Mask, Ghost, Timecop, and SpyBoy. Its successful line of comics and products based on popular properties includes Star Wars, Mass Effect, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aliens, Conan, EVE Online, Halo, Serenity, Game of Thrones, and Domo. Today Dark Horse Comics is the largest independent comic book publisher in the US and is recognized as one of the world’s leading publishers of both creator-owned content and licensed comics material.