All-New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Rise To Retail Stores
Playmates Toys Introduces Newly Designed Toy Line, Inspired by Nickelodeon’s New Animated Series, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
El Segundo, CA (September 19, 2018) – Cowabunga – the heroes in a half shell have returned with a whole new look! Playmates Toys announced today that its Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy line will be available at major retailers starting October 1. As the longtime master toy licensee for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Playmates Toys developed this all-new product line based on Nickelodeon’s brand-new animated series, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which premiered on September 17, 2018. The toy line includes an assortment of highly detailed action figures, as well as vehicles, a playset and role play toys.
In addition to the new toy line, Playmates Toys is also introducing a Sewer Squad Pizza Points Loyalty Program, where fans can collect and redeem pizza points for exclusive toys and more. A unique, secret code is included in every Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy package from Playmates Toys. Fans can visitplaymatestoys.com to register and join the Sewer Squad, in order to qualify for exclusive toys and other rewards.
In Nickelodeon’s reimagined animated series, the band of brothers (Raph, Leo, Donnie and Mikey) discover new, powerful weapons and encounter a mystical world they never knew existed beneath the streets of New York City.
“We carefully developed the new toy line with unique sculpting and incredible detail, in order to closely resemble the dynamic look of the Turtles in the new series,” said Karl Aaronian, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Playmates Toys. “WithTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles being an enduring, iconic franchise, we are also delighted to bring back the Pizza Points Loyalty Program, which first debuted in the late 1980s, in an exciting new way for today’s generation of kids to enjoy.”
“The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a property that has reinvention in its DNA and Playmates has been there every step of the way,” said Jon Roman, Senior Vice President, Toys, Nickelodeon. “Show creators for the new Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ant Ward and Andy Suriano, worked hand in hand with Playmates to ensure that the bold, colorful design of the show translated into product at retail and we can’t wait to introduce them to a new generation of fans.”
The Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy line from Playmates Toys features the following:
· The highly detailed Action Figures are uniquely sculpted and fully articulated. The assortment features the four Turtles, April and Splinter, as well as new characters Baron Draxum, voiced by WWE Superstar, John Cena, Meat Sweats and others introduced in the series.
· The Deluxe Ninja Action Figures, available in the 4 Turtles, are ready to take out the bad guys! The figures bend to activate incredible flipping action, with each Turtle letting out an action shout as they flip.
· The Giant Figure assortment stands between 10.25” and 11” tall, with 13 points of articulation.
· The Turtle Tank is the new group vehicle that will help get the Turtles to the action fast. The tank is 2 toys in 1, transforming from vehicle mode into a Mobile Ops unit with a towering secret lab for Donatello.
· With the Shell Hog Vehicles,the Turtles can rev up for some shell-kickin’ Turtle action, and the vehicles even connect to each other and can also launch off the Turtle Tank group vehicle.
· Discover where Splinter and the Turtles live, play and train with the 43″ Epic Lair Playset, which is the biggest playset ever from Playmates Toys. It includes four levels of play, seven rooms and over 20 action features.
· The assortment of Role Play, available for each of the 4 Turtles, features a signature Turtle bandana, a newly designed throwing star and the all-new weapon for each of the Turtles!
BRING HOME ‘JUSTICE LEAGUE’ ANIMATED SERIES ACTION FIGURES ON BATMAN DAY
New DC Collectibles 6-inch Action Figure Line Will Be Available Exclusively on
DC Universe Subscription Service
Straight from the screen to your shelves, DC Collectibles is gearing up to release an all-new 6-inch action figure line based on the acclaimed Justice League animated series that aired from 2001-2004. The new figures will be available exclusively for DC Universe members and can be purchased starting Batman Day, September 15, timed to the launch of the DC Universe subscription service.
The new line is an expansion of DC Collectibles’ bestselling animated action figure collection which also includes figures based on popular DC animated showsBatman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures and Superman: The Animated Series.
On September 15, DC Universe members can watch the entire Justice League animated series and then head over to the “Shop” tab on the DC Universe app to purchase Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman and more of their favorite characters from the show in 3D form. Here is the official release schedule:
- Batman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl will be available to purchase at launch and ship in September
- Aquaman and Wonder Woman will be available to pre-order at launch, to ship in October
- The Flash and Superman will be available to pre-order at launch, to ship in November
All figures are priced at $28.00 each. For a limited time only, members who purchase all eight characters will receive the whole set in November at a discounted price of $194.00. This promotion will end on November 30, 2018.
So what are you waiting for? Pre-order the service at for the chance to get your hands on these figures!
Straight from the pages of the bestselling DARK NIGHTS: METAL comics series comes an all-new line of 7” statues from DC Collectibles. These awesomely dark Batman statues honor Greg Capullo’s art from the comic book in stunning detail and are perfect additions to any Metal fan’s collection.
Launching in May 2019, the line will recreate eight characters from the series in total, including the fearsome Batman Who Laughs as a deluxe statue. You can also look for a Batman with baby Darkseid statue, as well as the six other Dark Multiverse Batmen: The Red Death, The Drowned, The Dawnbreaker, The Murder Machine, The Merciless and The Devastator.
Fans looking to build a perfect—and thoroughly metal—display should note that all of the statues feature uniquely shaped bases that are designed to be configured together in a variety of ways. It’s a DC Collectibles first! Even more, some of the pieces also feature interchangeable parts and articulation, another aspect which helps to set these statues apart from the rest.
DARK NIGHTS: METAL BATMAN: THE DAWNBREAKER will be the first statue out of the gate in May 2019 and will be available for purchase at an MSRP of $85.00 . Intricately sculpted by Adrienne Smith, The Dawnbreaker features an interchangeable hand, allowing you to switch between his normal appearance and one where he’s forming a construct.
“We wanted to celebrate DC’s successful run of the Metal series through this statue line,” explained DC Collectibles’ creative executive director, Jim Fletcher. “It’s thrilling to see Capullo’s Batmen designs to come to life in 3-D form and we think fans will really enjoy the intricate details and customizable accessories and bases. While not poseable, these statues are basically in scale with all our previous Capullo action figures, so they will be great companion pieces when they are all displayed together.”
When asked how it was working with DC Collectibles on this project, superstar artist, Greg Capullo, couldn’t have been more excited.
“Is this cool or what!?” said Capullo. “I knew Scott and I had created some really fun characters when we were doing Metal. Seeing them brought to life in this way is an amazing feeling.”
With the success of the comics series and the number of metalhead comic fans out there, these statues are likely to move pretty quick. Don’t miss your chance to grab them as they roll out throughout the upcoming year for yourself or any Dark Nights: Metal fan in your life.